BOOK AN AMEND Together TRAINING
A Culture of Violence:
How Men Can Promote Change and Influence Others to End Violence Against Women
Powered by the YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee, AMEND works to end violence against women by engaging and educating men. The YWCA has extensive experience treating the symptom, but violence against women is truly a man’s problem that desperately needs a cure. When men understand how our culture supports violence, they become a major part of the solution.
Objectives of this training include:
- Raise awareness about the prevalence of violence against women
- Uncover subtle ways our society reinforces sexist and objectifying biases
- Connect the dots between harmful jokes and actions
- Unpack the difference between healthy and unhealthy masculinity
- Empower attendees with situational examples and strategies to step up and speak out against negative cultural norms
- Challenge attendees to help create a community that respects and values women and girls
E-mail us to schedule an AMEND Together Training at your organization.
SHARE: “WE ARE THE LIONS”
Share “We Are The Lions” within your organization.
Send out “We Are The Lions” in your next communications email.
Share through your organization’s social media.